Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Here Goes...Something

Ok, so talking with my staff wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. They took the news amicably and seemed genuinely excited about my upcoming travels with my family. Everyone agreed; no one in their right mind could pass up an opportunity like this.

Following the announcement that I would be relocating to Chile to write a cookbook, the questions came flowing quickly behind. How did you get this opportunity? When are you leaving? How long will you be there? Are you selling your house? What about all your stuff? Where will your daughter go to school? What's Chilean food like? What's Chile like? Who will take the photos?

I gave the quick facts as best I could but their questions got me thinking. There were several ways I could answer their questions. Chatting in person, of course, is always fun. But telling a story is much much more fun. And this blog will be the perfect way to do that.

So in the spirit of adventure, my husband and I have decided that this blog will be a tell-all of sorts. We'll go into all the details of our process for planning and executing this great big adventure. Each week before departure, I will write about the steps we took to make this dream a reality. Post departure, I'll write about what you'll expect (and hopefully be excited for) - our travels and the food we eat along the way.

So bon voyage...well, in two months, anyway...and hope to see you back here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment